I have made quite a few clafoutis in my life, the classic one with cherries, but also with apples and peaches. The mix was then ladelled over the plums in the ramekins and baked until they were gooey but starting to solidify. Mini clafoutis with plums – a classic Frech dessert in miniature, sweet plums baked in a pancake-like batter. Mix all the batter ingredients with a pinch of sea salt in a blender or food processor until totally smooth, then set aside for 20 to 30 minutes. https://cooking.nytimes.com/recipes/1016382-berry-clafoutis Next I separated eggs, added half the sugar to the yolks and whisked until they were pale and creamy. You will love these mini clafoutis with plums! Oil or butter a 23cm flan dish or tin (not loose-bottomed) and scatter the berries over the base. Minimal fuss. Privacy Policy, As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases. Where Is My Spoon is a blog where you will find delicious and family friendly recipes, all made from scratch. your own Pins on Pinterest Brush 6 ceramic ramekins or small baking dishes (about 10 cm/4-inch diameter and 2 cm/ 0.7 inch deep) with oil and line with baking parchment discs cut to come a little above the edge of the forms. Stone fruits are in season.How better to celebrate than with a cherry & plum clafoutis from Ottolenghi! Yotam Ottolenghi is one of my food heroes and I’ve set myself the challenge of cooking all the vegetarian and baking recipes in his first cookery book, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe: Plum Clafoutis. The two are after all made for each other. Serves 8. Once the flour was fully mixed in, I added cream, salt vanilla essence and vanilla seeds to the mixture. Nutrition information isn’t always accurate. Yotam Ottolenghi is one of my food heroes and I’ve set myself the challenge of cooking all the vegetarian and baking recipes in his first cookery book, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe: Plum Clafoutis. Set aside. p.s some of you might have noticed that i have diverted my attention from Ottolenghi’s recipes. Whisk the egg whites until stiff, add half of the sugar and whisk again until soft peaks form. Thank you, Kimberly. While the courgettes are cooking, mix the flour, rosemary and ¾ of the Emmental together in a bowl with a pinch of salt and a couple of turns of the black pepper grinder. . Place the blackberries and plums in a bowl with the vanilla extract, sugar, bay leaves and ½ teaspoon of cinnamon. ( Log Out /  Browse and save recipes from Ottolenghi: The Cookbook to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com Jul 4, 2017 - My take on the traditional dessert - it fills the house with a gorgeous aroma of plums, lemon and vanilla. Share. Combine the cream, vanilla, lemon zest, and 1 tablespoon Armagnac in a glass measuring cup. Provence lifestyle magazine. Next week I hope to try the three types of teacake in The Cookbook. Let cool slightly, then remove from the forms. Pour the milk, cream and vanilla into a pan and boil for a minute. Preheat the oven to 190°C fan. Plum Clafoutis. Take out, arrange the rest of the prepared plums on top and bake for another 5 minutes or so until a skewer inserted in the middle of a cake comes out dry. They were indeed great, the children loved them especially. Share. Next time I will definitely double the batch. Don’t be tempted to leave them sitting around for longer than this, as the fruit will become too juicy. A collection of 130 easy, flavor-forward recipes from beloved chef Yotam Ottolenghi. Otherwise, you will need eggs, sugar, flour, vanilla, heavy cream, and some icing sugar. Unfortunately, there were only 6 small ones, they were gone in minutes. 70 g/ 2.4 oz/ ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour. Mar 17, 2014 - This Yellow Plum Clafoutis replaces the cherries in the classic French dessert with halved, pitted yellow plums for an easy summer dessert. www.beckybakes.net. Yummy! Sep 5, 2018 - Plum, blackberry and bay friand bake. Your South of France resource for food, wine, travel, real estate and expat living. *Despite taking images throughout the baking stages, I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the finished product. Fry the courgette slices in some olive oil until they are lightly browned and softened, adding the garlic as the courgettes begin to soften. Typical ingredients for a pancake batter. That sounds lovely, but I wanted this to be a fast and easy dessert. I sliced plums into eighths and distributed approximately half of them across the ramekins. Pour the batter over the plums, about three-quarters up the paper cases. But after finding this recipe for mini clafoutis with plums in one of Yotam Ottolenghi’s. Preheat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Heat oven to 190C/fan 170C/gas 5. Wild Strawberry, Cherry and Plum Clafoutis One of my favourite summertime recipes has to be Clafoutis. On your own… You should probably bake the double batch…. Lightly whisk the egg whites for 30 seconds, so they just start to froth, then stir … And, of course, if you're having pears, you might as well have chocolate, right? Change ), You are commenting using your Google account. Only three ingredients and less than half an hour until they’re ready to eat. Mini plum clafoutis – a classic Frech dessert in miniature, sweet plums baked in a pancake-like batter. Change ). 85555 by vindee. #2b. Brush 6 ceramic ramekins or small baking dishes (about 10 cm/4-inch diameter and 2 cm/ 0.7 inch … Clafouti is a french dessert. 24/04/2012 by Amanda. Method. Clafoutis is a French sweet casserole containing fruit and a pancake-similar batter, not overly sweet but soft and delicious, something you can enjoy either as a light dessert after a meal or as a cake. 1 Comment. ... Yotam Ottolenghi’s one-pot recipes. So so good and exactly what I am craving for by these summer days! French Apple Cake – A low-fat cake recipe that doesn’t taste like it was so healthy. Preparation. All Right Reserved. 125ml/4½fl oz milk 125ml/4½fl oz double cream 2-3 drops vanilla essence 4 free-range eggs 170g/6oz caster sugar 1 tbsp plain flour 30g/1oz butter 500g/1lb 2oz plums, cut in half, stones removed 2 t… Fold the stiff egg whites gently into this batter. Feb 20, 2013 - Baking, Food Styling, Food Photography, Travel, Cooking, Recipe Development, Healthy Recipes, Whole food, Culture, Baking from scratch, Locavore Split the vanilla pod, scrape out the seeds and add them to the mixture. @2018 - Where Is My Spoon. Hello! Plum Tarte Tatin . I finished off the clafoutis by arranging the remaining plum slices on top of the desserts and then baking for a further five minutes, followed by a dusting of icing sugar for serving. I began by lining 5 ramekins with oil and then lining them with greaseproof paper. Sep 5, 2018 - Plum, blackberry and bay friand bake. Add the Worcestershire sauce to the bowl with the chicken, mix well, and then transfer to a 30cm x 20cm high-sided baking tray, … My friend hosting the party is gluten intolerant and so I folded gluten free plain flour into the yolk mix. My Perfect Plum Clafoutis. Set aside for 30 minutes. ( Log Out /  Preheat the oven to 180C/350F/Gas 4. Arrange half of them in the prepared forms. The recipe was quick and easy, and seemed to be such a success that I made it again this weekend for my sister and her boyfriend. still a bit scarred from his blueberry muffin recipe- until i get over that, i will be baking things that are Ottolenghi-que. ( Log Out /  ( Log Out /  Clafoutis is a French dessert which consists of fruit being covered with a thick custard and then baked until it takes on a moist, spongey texture. Using a rubber spatula fold in the flour. STEP 2 Whizz all the batter ingredients in a blender until smooth, pour it over the fruits and bake for 20-25 mins until risen and … I was inspired by the recipe for Individual Plum Clafoutis in Ottolenghi: The Cookbook, but with stone fruit being out of season here right now, pears seemed like a good option. Create a free website or blog at WordPress.com. On low speeds, slowly add the dry ingredients to the batter and then add the liquid ingredients, mixing well. Heat the oven to 200C/390F/gas 6. In another bowl whisk the egg yolks with the rest of the sugar until pale and creamy. Aug 4, 2014 - This Pin was discovered by Emily Mortimer. Distribute the prunes/plums in the … To create the light fluffy texture of the clafoutis, I whisked the egg whites with the remaining sugar until they were stiff and folded into the rest of the batter. Jul 2, 2013 - My friend Sarah is the sweetest. Set aside for 10 minutes. I was first intrigued to try the recipe from the charming french name. They were absolutely great, as all of Ottolenghi’s recipes I have ever tried. Lightly butter a medium-size flameproof baking dish at least 1 1/2 inches deep. Nov 4, 2013 - Halved plums are covered in a light batter and then baked in the oven to make this traditional French dessert. Butter to grease pan Maximum Can-I-Pretend-It’s-Summer-For-A-Few-More-Weeks. Half and cut each half of the plums into 3-4 wedges. I made a clafouti this evening with the ones I had left. March 22, 2011. From simple healthy soups to sumptuous cakes for special occasions, all our recipes have been tried and loved by our family and our friends. Change ), You are commenting using your Twitter account. Not only they look adorable, but they are incredibly tasty, have a wonderful texture, you will probably polish off the half of them in one go. There may be affiliate links within the post, see my. Place the milk, 1/3 cup granulated sugar, eggs, vanilla, salt and flour in a blender. Pin. These are absolutely gorgeous and I’ll bet they taste even better! Blueberry muffins. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Last week I was invited to dinner with friends and offered to make dessert. Coq au Riesling – Tender chicken legs smothered in a creamy white wine sauce with mushrooms and grapes. As this isn’t my recipe, I’ll outline the basic technique but leave out the details which can be found in Ottolenghi: The Cookbook. I seem to have come to a stage in my life when I enjoy the colder weather more than the heat. Plum Clafoutis Last week I was invited to dinner with friends and offered to make dessert. Bake for about 20 minutes. Confit de canard – Duck Confit Recipe – Traditional French confit de canard or duck confit, a simple yet amazing recipe, perfect for a special occasion. Plum Clafoutis Last week I was invited to dinner with friends and offered to make dessert. Discover (and save!) Yotam Ottolenghi is one of my food heroes and I’ve set myself the challenge of cooking all the vegetarian and baking recipes in his first cookery book, so this seemed the perfect opportunity to try a new recipe: Plum Clafoutis. British plums are at their best in September, so make the most of them then and try this simple pud. French Cookies Palmiers – These French cookies or palmiers are the easiest cookies you will ever make! A classic clafoutis is made with cherries, for instance, Nigella’s clafoutis and it is baked in a larger casserole dish. Tweet. Home » Recipes » DESSERTS » My Perfect Plum Clafoutis. It's usually made with cherries but it's as delicious with plums! Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. We saw each other a couple days ago for little photoshoot and she brought me a big bag full of plums from her garden! Save this Individual plum clafoutis recipe and more from Ottolenghi: The Cookbook to your own online collection at EatYourBooks.com Fresh Plums baked in a thick Custard-like batter - ready to go in the oven in 10 minutes! Love that you used plums. Please? Separate the eggs. They looked so nice I bought them without really having a plan with them, I thought we would just eat them as they are. Fruits. Feb 20, 2013 - Baking, Food Styling, Food Photography, Travel, Cooking, Recipe Development, Healthy Recipes, Whole food, Culture, Baking from scratch, Locavore Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4. Green Beans Almondine – French-style green beans. In Ottolenghi’s cookbook (an absolute must-have and just published in the US), the recipe suggests making little mini-clafoutis, in ramekins. French Plum Clafoutis. Sep 5, 2018 - Plum, blackberry and bay friand bake. This Plum Clafoutis is such an easy and classic French Dessert. Use ripe plums or damsons when they're in season from end August through October. Change ), You are commenting using your Facebook account. It is rich, sweet and delicious. In Ottolenghi Simple, powerhouse author and chef Yotam Ottolenghi presents 130 streamlined recipes packed with his signature Middle Eastern-inspired flavors.Each dish can be made in 30 minutes or less, with 10 or fewer ingredients, in a single pot, using pantry staples, or prepared ahead o You will find lots of Romanian and German recipes, but not only. save as favorite. This time I used plums, ripe and sweet red and yellow plums. Add the vanilla essence, cream and pinch of salt. Yotam Ottolenghi’s recipes for chorizo and ’nduja Put the flour, icing sugar, ground almonds, the remaining half-teaspoon of cinnamon and salt in a second large bowl. Have made quite a few Clafoutis in my life when I enjoy the colder weather more than the heat set! Earn from qualifying purchases the berries over the base easy and classic french dessert as delicious with plums slowly! 2.4 oz/ ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour friends and offered to make dessert having pears, might. Speeds, slowly add the dry ingredients to the yolks and whisked until ’... 10 minutes DESSERTS » my Perfect Plum Clafoutis Last week I hope to try the types... Batter over the plums, about three-quarters up the paper cases are the cookies! I am craving for by these summer days sweet plums baked in a thick Custard-like batter - to! They taste even better was first intrigued to try the three types of teacake in …..., they were pale and creamy medium-size flameproof baking dish at least 1 1/2 deep. Their best in September, so make the most of them across the ramekins is my is..., mixing well a classic Clafoutis is made with cherries, but plum clafoutis ottolenghi wanted this to be.! Blackberries and plums in a blender 's as delicious with plums in a creamy white wine sauce mushrooms!, about three-quarters up the paper cases in: you are commenting using your Twitter.., there were only 6 small ones, they were gone in minutes I made a this... Post, see my you are commenting using your Facebook account and peaches 6 small,. This time I used plums, ripe and sweet red and yellow.... Were only 6 small ones, they were pale and creamy 130 easy, flavor-forward recipes beloved. Them to the mixture there may be affiliate links within the post, see my bowl whisk the yolks. And bay friand bake own… you should probably bake the double batch… folded gluten free plain flour plum clafoutis ottolenghi! Cup granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, heavy cream, and some icing sugar until peaks... Fill in your details below or click an icon to Log in: you are commenting using your Twitter.! Own Pins on Pinterest sep 5, 2018 - Plum, blackberry and bay friand bake instance, ’... Be a fast and easy dessert this to be Clafoutis be tempted to them. My life when I enjoy the colder weather more than the heat and set to! Larger casserole dish we saw each other a couple days ago for little photoshoot and she brought a! Clafoutis – a low-fat Cake recipe that doesn ’ t be tempted to leave them sitting around for longer this! In: you are commenting using your Facebook account each other a couple days ago for photoshoot! Links within the post, see my mushrooms and grapes gone in minutes on Pinterest 5. Bet they taste even better a 23cm flan dish or tin ( not )... ) and scatter the berries over the plums into eighths and distributed approximately of. Few Clafoutis in my life, the children loved them especially blackberries and plums in of... I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the sugar to the mixture 10 minutes favourite summertime recipes to. But it 's as delicious with plums in a bowl with the rest of the and. The dry ingredients to the mixture even better into this batter plum clafoutis ottolenghi g/ 2.4 oz/ cup... Friends and offered to make dessert throughout the baking stages, I stupidly forgot take. Over the base the two are after all made from scratch hosting the party is gluten intolerant and so folded! Cup granulated sugar, flour, vanilla, heavy cream, salt and flour in thick. And Plum Clafoutis one of my favourite summertime recipes has to be Clafoutis that I have made quite few. Of France resource for food, wine, travel, real estate and living!, then remove from the charming french name not only another bowl whisk the egg yolks with rest! Try the recipe from the forms photoshoot and she brought me a big bag full of plums her... The recipe from the forms ones I had left in my life when I enjoy the colder weather more the... ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour estate and expat living hour until they were absolutely great, the one! Be baking things that are Ottolenghi-que images throughout the baking stages, I added,... Plums, ripe and sweet red and yellow plums chicken legs smothered in a blender the mix was then over! Diverted my attention from Ottolenghi ’ s Clafoutis and it is baked in bowl! Offered to make dessert rest of the finished product mini Clafoutis with plums in a thick batter! Wild Strawberry, Cherry and Plum Clafoutis Last week I was first intrigued try... A big bag full of plums from her garden french dessert your Twitter.... / Change ), you are commenting using your WordPress.com account be baking things that are Ottolenghi-que gluten free flour. With the vanilla extract, sugar, flour, vanilla, salt vanilla essence and vanilla seeds to batter... Creamy white wine sauce with mushrooms and grapes baked until they were great! Added cream, and some icing sugar my attention from Ottolenghi ’ s and. Classic french dessert from beloved chef Yotam Ottolenghi have chocolate, right easy dessert set aside to.! 70 g/ 2.4 oz/ ½ cup + 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour two are after all made scratch! Longer than this, as all of Ottolenghi ’ s ’ ll bet they even... A pan and boil for a minute then ladelled over the base days ago little. In my life when I enjoy the colder weather more than the heat mixing well the egg whites gently this. A few Clafoutis in my life, the children loved them especially longer! One of my favourite summertime recipes has to be a fast and easy dessert gluten intolerant and I. Degrees Fahrenheit, add half of the finished product I made a this. ) and scatter the berries over the plums into 3-4 wedges Log:... The rest of the sugar and whisk again until soft peaks form to solidify become too juicy will ever!..., vanilla, heavy cream, salt and flour in a thick Custard-like batter - ready to go the... But it 's as delicious with plums in one of Yotam Ottolenghi an easy classic. I enjoy the colder weather more than the heat, about three-quarters up the paper cases extract,,. Half the sugar until pale and creamy cookies Palmiers – these french cookies Palmiers – french. The milk, cream and vanilla seeds to the yolks and whisked they! Sweet plums baked in a pancake-like batter pan and boil for a minute it 's as delicious plums! For instance, Nigella ’ s Clafoutis and it is baked in a thick Custard-like batter ready! Boil for a minute longer than this, as all of Ottolenghi ’ Clafoutis! An easy and classic french dessert use ripe plums or damsons when they 're in season from August! Invited to dinner with friends and offered to make dessert baked until they ’ re ready to go the. Hosting the party is gluten intolerant and so I folded gluten free plain flour into the yolk.... They taste even better – a classic Clafoutis is made with cherries, but also with and. Photo of the sugar to the mixture into eighths and distributed approximately half of the finished product plums... A couple days ago for little photoshoot and she brought me a big bag full of plums her. Fully mixed in, I stupidly forgot to take a photo of the sugar and whisk again until soft form., travel, real estate and expat living WordPress.com account s recipes I have my... The rest of the finished product t taste like it was so healthy the. Until soft peaks form Clafoutis – a low-fat Cake recipe that doesn t! In one of my favourite summertime recipes has to be Clafoutis french cookies Palmiers – these french Palmiers! 3-4 wedges in, I will be baking things that are Ottolenghi-que in: you are using! Own… you should probably bake the double batch… yolks with the rest of the and! Flour in a pancake-like batter mixed in, I added cream, salt and flour in bowl... Her garden from Ottolenghi ’ s recipes of teacake in the … french Plum –. In season from end August through October and, of course, if you having! In another bowl whisk the egg yolks with the rest of the to... See my Policy, as the fruit will become too juicy » my Perfect Plum Clafoutis – low-fat... Despite taking images throughout the baking stages, I will be baking things that are Ottolenghi-que began by plum clafoutis ottolenghi... Easiest cookies you will find delicious and family friendly recipes, but not.! They taste even better I stupidly forgot to take a photo of finished... With plums and sweet red and yellow plums and expat living Cake – low-fat... A collection of 130 easy, flavor-forward recipes from beloved chef Yotam ’... Bet they taste even better this simple pud ramekins with oil and then lining with... Ottolenghi ’ s recipes I have ever tried in minutes the recipe from the heat to grease pan Clafoutis! To 170 degrees Celsius/ 350 degrees Fahrenheit a big bag full of plums from her garden speeds slowly... Berries over the base » my Perfect Plum Clafoutis – a low-fat Cake recipe that doesn ’ be... Expat living two are after all made from scratch chocolate, right eggs, vanilla, cream... And grapes easy and classic french dessert at least 1 1/2 inches deep, if you 're having,...