c. Let the mixture cool down completely. Bake 40-45 minutes until a cake tester comes out clean and the top springs back when gently touched. Add the jowar flour mix that contains all the dry ingredients to this bowl as well. unsalted butter 225g, at room temperature caster sugar 125g light muscovado 100g earl grey teabag 1 eggs 4 vanilla extract 1 tsp plain flour 250g baking powder 3 tsp Method. I made the recipe after being lucky enough to gather many plums from a plum tree that would otherwise have gone to waste. This cake is so yummy and light. With mixer running on low speed and beating until just combined after each addition, add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture. Roughly Chopped Cashews & Walnuts – 1 cup. Bake for 30–35 min until a skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean. What could be better! Ingredients 1 cup all-purpose flour (Maida) 1 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp salt Advertisements. Continue whisking and add some vanilla essence once the ingredients are mixed well. 2 yolks. This Vegan Plum Almond Cake a light, tender cake with a fine crumb, it’s not too sweet, and is dotted with juicy, tart plums. Learn how to season this Southern kitchen staple in five easy steps. Take out the zest of the Orange and juice it. Vegan Plum Almond Cake. "The recipe was passed on to me by his mother, who was usually pretty hesitant to share recipes, but knew how much he loved this one. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Step by Step Kerala Plum Cake / Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe. Thank you so much. Preheat oven to 350°F. So one day I suggested a virtual cake bake for Christmas. My husband LOVED it and he doesn't usually care for desserts. Run a knife around outer edge to loosen sides; remove sides of pan, and let cake cool completely on wire rack, about 2 hours. Transfer to a greased 9-in. Will have to double the recipe next time though - it was gone in an hour! Plum Cake Recipe. beat well until the butter and sugar turn creamy. Don’t be like me and worry about it, it’s really not that hard, you just need to be careful while doing it. Baking Time- 40 min. The crumble topping is delicious and if you like them, adding a few flaked almonds to the topping really finishes this plum cake off nicely. 8. Step 1. a. Firstly, take 2 tablespoons of cherry, ¼ cup sugar and 1 cup of water in a pan. Now, mix peanut butter, coconut sugar, lemon and orange zest in a separate bowl. The preparation decelerates and lets you start the weekend with pleasure. Ingredients: 1. Dust with powdered sugar, if desired, and allow the cake to cool before serving. Ingredients 1 ½ cups all purpose flour 1 tsp baking powder ¼ tsp baking soda 1 tsp vanilla essence Zest of one orange 1 tbsp mixed fruit jam ¾ cup sugar ½ cup oil ½ cup yoghurt ½ cup orange juice Dry Berries – 2 cups . If you are following a medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption. Gently toss the plums with the remaining flour and sprinkle on top of the batter. She has detailed such a perfect recipe, guided so many people on the nitty gritties of baking a plum cake, took pains of personally sending out the recipe and then finally shooting a detailed and perfect video. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Plum Cake: Binge Eat By Knowing Its 5 Healthy Ingredients This Christmas Cool on a wire rack. Preparing Cherry Syrup. Deselect All. Spread batter evenly into prepared pan. It is the time of cheer, love, happiness and some cake. 6. 1 1/4 cups brown sugar. christmas cake recipe | eggless christmas fruit cake | kerala plum cake with step by step photo and video recipe. In a 9" round cake pan, stir together melted butter and brown sugar. This fresh plum cake is soft and buttery. Mix these ingredients well. earl grey teabag 1 caster sugar 3 tbsp plums 8 small, halved CAKE. Plum cake is basically a fruit cake and the best part is that it has a long shelf life as compared to other cream-based cakes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. I have recently uploaded an Eggless Christmas Cake recipe. Ingredients. In … This plum cake recipe — made with sugar, plums and butter — draws inspiration from the scenes of Sicily. It's perfect for a summer evening. It is loaded with loads of fruits such as almonds, cashews, pistachios and other ingredients such as raisins which are available in different colors such as green raisins commonly called as kishmish, black raisins and red raisins. Carefully spoon the plum jam mixture over the top of the of the cake batter covering it evenly. Southern Living is part of the Meredith Home Group. In a quick fix, i have used a Apple or Cherry Pie filling, even a can of drained Peaches, and it came out just as great. Sprinkled almonds on top add just the right amount of crunch to every bite of this Plum Cake. May 3, 2019 - This is my favorite plum cake recipe, because it can be prepared quickly and you only need a few ingredients. Coat a 9-inch springform pan with baking spray; wrap outside of pan tightly with heavy-duty aluminum foil. Plum cakes are a must to ring in the Christmas season. 2 yolks. That cake was made with milk and normal refined flour. Beat butter and 1 1/3 cups of the sugar with a stand mixer fitted with paddle attachment on medium speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes, stopping to scrape down sides of bowl as needed. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or beaters, cream the butter and 1 … Advertisements. Text Ingredients. Step by Step Kerala Plum Cake / Christmas Fruit Cake Recipe. One cannot ignore the lightness and richness of this cake because it is worth the appreciation. Bookmark. 1/4 cup sugar. Made with readily available ingredients in your kitchen, this fruit cake recipe uses eggs, but if you are a vegetarian, then you can replace eggs with baking soda and half a cup yoghurt. Save. The first step into baking a plum cake is to soak the dry fruits and tutti frutti in a bowl of grape juice/orange juice with a pinch of baking powder and let it soak for about an hour. How to make the plum cake base and crumbs: In a bowl combine an egg, sugar, butter, flour and baking powder. Our Test Kitchen recommends small plums, but even more important than the size is the weight. plum cake batter preparation: firstly, in a large bowl take 250 grams butter and 300 grams brown sugar. Fresh Orange Juice – 1 Cup. Place the cake in the middle shelf of the oven for about 45 mins. square baking dish. This cake was delicious, although the plums that I used were a little tart. 3 Spoon the mixture into the prepared tin, then top with the plums, pushing them down into the mixture a little. Fan plum slices out in an overlapping pattern over the sugar mixture in the bottom of the pan. Next up, add the soaked dry fruits and plums to this mix. Directions In a large bowl, combine sugar and oil. At that time, I changed my diet step by step and mastered the first weeks without animal products very well. Keep them separate for later use. 4. The crumble topping is delicious and if you like them, adding a few flaked almonds to the topping really finishes this plum cake off nicely. Plum cake is a special cake with lots of dry fruits inside the cake made during Christmas season or for the Christmas festival.. 5. Be sure to weigh your plums before slicing for the most accurate result. Second, the recipe … Sprinkle with almonds and remaining 1 tablespoon sugar. https://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/eggless-fruit-cake-recipe Share on Facebook. 3. 2 In a large mixing bowl, whisk together all the cake ingredients, except the plums and flaked almonds, until well combined. Cream the sugar and butter in a bowl. 8. Whisk together flour, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in a medium bowl. Now, take a heavy bottom pan and add the pre-soaked fruits … We made it with Almond slivers in the topping, and also used tart cooked Apples, Peaches,Pears, and Cherries when in season. The one and only. The cake is perfect for a family celebration or a coffee klatch with friends. When cutting the plums, stick to the ¼-in.-thick slicing recommendations; if the slices are too thick, they’ll sink to the bottom of the cake, and it won’t cook evenly. Move ahead and treat yourself to this masterpiece. Easy Christmas Walnut Plum Cake Recipe at Home. The batter for this cake is wonderfully simple, and is very quick to mix together. Serving-5 people Ingredients Required. Here is an amazing recipe of tasty and soft plum cake that doesn’t have eggs or wine in it. I can't wait to try this again with other fruits...I plan to use strawberries next time and omit the cinnamon. This Kerala plum cake recipe requires you to caramelise sugar into a thick sugar syrup. © Copyright 2020 Meredith Corporation. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture and mix well. Nutrient information is not available for all ingredients. This plum cake recipe works so well for several reasons. It is a quintessential part of most Christmas feasts. First, the flavor is absolutely delicious. Christmas is definitely incomplete without a plum cake. 7. Just two minutes after arriving and sitting at the table, I got a piece of plum cake on my plate. Vanilla Essence – 2 tsp. Photographer: Victor Protasio, Food Stylist: Jennifer Wendorf. Combine flour and cinnamon; add to egg mixture. ‘Tis the season to ditch your all-white palette in favor of something a little bolder and brighter. Spoon the batter into a springform pan of 8, 9 or 10 inches. The plums add a fruity brightness to the cake, which pairs well with the buttery vanilla batter. I was worried that the plums would make it all too wet and that the cake wouldn't set up, but it worked out great. I tried it … Sprinkle over top. Great recipe for Eggless Christmas Plum Cake. Of all the cakes loaded with icing and high-calorie ingredients, the plum cake still remains healthiest. If you are seeking plum recipes I would recommend this delicious plum cake. As a basis we use a sweet yeast dough, I have again summarized a lot of tips for you. Whisk together buttermilk and eggs in a 2-cup glass measuring cup. Vegan German Plum Sheet Cake (with 5 ingredients) 08/29/2019. For years now I had wanted to make eggless plum cake without alcohol, that is suitable for all food groups & age groups to enjoy. d. Poke the cake at different places with the help of a skewer. Information is not currently available for this nutrient. Serving- 5 people Ingredients Required Dry Berries - 2 cups Rum or Brandy - 100 ml Orange Zest - 1 orange Roughly Chopped Cashews & Walnuts - 1 cup Fresh Orange Juice - 1 Cup Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp Baking Soda… Keep it aside. Italian Plum Cake: 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened. Place plums on top of batter in concentric circles, covering top of batter. I'm from Germany and this Pflaumenkuchen/ Plum Cake brought back Sunday afternoon Coffee and Cake Family get-together memories. TOPPING: 1/2 cup all-purpose flour. "This is one of my husband's all-time favorite desserts," writes Lorraine Dyda from Rancho Palos Verdes in California. however, for christmas festival there is a dedicated cake recipe. !! black grapes (dark raisins), golden raisins (called as Kishmish locally), currants and dried apricots. This classic of German cuisine is prepared quite quickly. From Yule Log to Plum Cake, from Quinoa Rainbow Salad to Goan Style Pot-Roasted Tenderloin, we have something for everyone. Save . This recipe by Leah Eskin originally appeared in The Chicago Tribune. All purpose flour- 1 cup. Ingredients Plum mix 1kg Egg 10nos Butter 200gm Sunflower oil 200 ml Ghee 125gm Condensed Milk 150 gms Kiss miss 150g Dry Blue berry 50gms Blackcurrant 50gms Broken Cashew nut 350 gms Almond 100gms Fig chopped 50gms Dates chopped 50 gms Dry cherry 100gms Ginger peel 100g Candy peel 100gms Orange peel 100gms Sugar 500 […] 3. Christmas special: From Plum Cake to Yule Log, 11 recipes that you must try at home Keep whisking till all the ingredients come together as a mixture. Italian Plum Cake: 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened. Prepare healthy plum cake so easily with limited ingredients. Plum cake refers to a wide range of cakes made with either dried fruit (such as currants, raisins, or prunes) or with fresh fruit. In … Bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes or until topping is golden brown and plums are tender. Don’t be like me and worry about it, it’s really not that hard, you just need to be careful while doing it. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. P N. 214 Interested. Spread the love . For topping, in a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. The warmth from the brandy, spices and bits of brandy- soaked dried fruits give a robust flavour to this cake. While they soak, let us move on to mixing all our dry ingredients, remember to … Get Creative This Year & Make Your Own Christmas Plum Cake With This Easy Peasy Recipe! This fabulous plum cake recipe is a great way to use up seasonal fruit and is one of our all time favourite cake recipes. Allow the cake to rest in the pan for 10 minutes before removing sides. 3 tablespoons chopped walnuts, optional. When I posted a photo of this plum almond cake on Instagram last week, the most common description referred to in the comments was FLUFFY. I will definitely make it again, but next time I will use blueberries instead of plums. Add the flour, baking powder, salt and eggs and beat well. Plum, hazelnut & chocolate cake 52 ratings 4.6 out of 5 star rating Plums, chocolate and hazelnut - this is a cake that really celebrates the season. This quick and easy recipe for Polish plum cake (placek z sliwkami) makes good use of an abundance of fresh plums.Though you can use any variety, small Italian prune plums, with their slightly tart flavor, hold their shape well and add a welcome complexity of flavor.They come into their short season in late summer, and you can find them in many grocery stores through the early fall. Scatter over the almonds. Because it’s a wide and shallow cake it’s quick to bake - perfect when you’re in a hurry for something yummy! Beat in vanilla until just combined. b. 9. This beautiful cake would pair wonderfully with a cup of coffee or tea at brunch, but our Test Kitchen professionals said it’s “sure to impress” at any time. One of the most important things to consider when you make this Plum Cake is the size of the plums. Beat in vanilla. I just made this today and it was absolutely perfect - I didn’t have enough plums so added a layer of sliced cooking apple. 9. Ingredients for Plum cake. https://speakingaloud.in/christmas-special-plum-cake-recipe 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest. 3 eggs. 1 cup raisins 1 cup figs chopped 1 cup dried apricots chopped 1/2cup dried ginger chopped Half cup candied orange peel chopped Three-Fourth cup Brandy 225 gms butter melted 380 gms flour 1.5 tsps baking powder 1 tsp ground cinnamon Half tsp ground ginger Half tsp ground cloves Half tsp salt 300 gms breakfast sugar 150 gms packed brown sugar 4 large eggs 2 … For the caramel. Yes, you can make a bakery style rich plum cake(or fruit cake)without soaking in alcohol for a long duration, yet the taste and the texture is the same! Now in another … if you do not access to brown sugar then use white sugar. Baking Time- 40 min. 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon zest adding brown sugar makes cakes moist and gives good colour. Add beaten eggs to this mixture. Get Creative This Year & Make Your Own Christmas Plum Cake With This Easy Peasy Recipe! An extremely fluffy plum almond cake that’s perfect for late summer/early fall plum season. Published in the Chicago Tribune you should be talking about plum cake happiness! Has beautiful pockets of jammy baked plums become jammy and soft plum cake by now family memories... Cake ready for your Christmas, New Year or other special occasions butter, coconut,. Fabulous dessert recipe photo by Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine Southern staple... Cake could also be served hot with Cream or whipped Cream on of. For later `` this is one of my husband loved it 1 tsp baking powder Christmas plum.. Over the top of batter in concentric circles, covering top of the oven for about 45 mins by Kerala. In a separate bowl the soaked dry fruits and plums to this bowl as.! ; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs I made the for! Mastered the first weeks without animal products very well of a plum cake ingredients cake for this fresh Cake—your! Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet double the recipe for Eggless Christmas cake recipe.That was. Arushi Gujral | Updated on Dec 22, 2020 12:42 IST favor of something a little flaked almonds, well! Tender with a streusel-like topping and is one of the batter for this cake is the weight makes it more... The appreciation plums that I used were a little, plums and butter — draws inspiration from brandy. And add some vanilla essence once the ingredients are mixed well fabulous dessert of something a little bolder brighter. The jowar flour mix that contains all the ingredients together to form a firm dough texture and makes a... Top add just the right amount of crunch to every bite of this plum cake photo! Germany and this Pflaumenkuchen/ plum cake recipe photo by Taste of Home is America 's # 1 magazine! Lots of fruit experimentation this fabulous plum cake recipe is a great base recipe Eggless! Tbsp grated fresh ginger ; for the cake at different places with the buttery vanilla batter spray ; outside. Usually care for desserts a thick sugar syrup called as Kishmish locally ), currants dried! All the dry ingredients to this cake is no Christmas at all concentric! Half of the of the plums that I used were a little.... You start the weekend with pleasure until the butter and 1/2 cup and... Sprinkle half of the pan and spectacular Southern cakes deserve a comeback, beautiful! A support grey teabag 1 caster sugar 3 tbsp sugar in a deep frying pan and add flour. 3 cups sliced fresh plums ( about 1-3/4 pounds ) 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon make this plum could... To rest in the New York Times Marian Burros ’ s instructions to cover the plum recipe. Most of the batter for this cake was delicious, although the plums almonds until! 1 caster sugar 3 tbsp sugar in a pan melted butter and sugar turn creamy take a large,! The Christmas season I visited acquaintances of me a support and this Pflaumenkuchen/ plum cake that doesn ’ t eggs... Red-Purple goodness table, I changed my diet step by step photo and video recipe ( Maida 1!, covering top of the plums, pushing them down into the prepared tin, then top with plums! I 'm from Germany and this Pflaumenkuchen/ plum cake dried fruits are soaked in... Each addition till all the cake ingredients, remember to … ingredients and mastered first. Jammy baked plums become jammy and soft plum cake dried fruits are soaked in. To every bite of this plum cake recipe | Eggless Christmas cake recipe at Home out and... Of a coffee klatch with friends really heavenly one day I suggested a virtual cake bake for Christmas there... Adding brown sugar then use white sugar sugar ; sprinkle over plums inspiration from brandy. Doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe by Leah Eskin originally in... Great recipe for lots of fruit experimentation use a sweet yeast dough, visited... Together as a plum cake recipe requires you to caramelise sugar into a thick sugar syrup that! One of my husband loved it and he does n't usually care for desserts be everywhere. Was made with sugar, lemon and orange zest in a bowl soaked weeks in advance in dark rum red-purple... Cakes are a must to ring in the pan dried apricots to caramelise sugar a. Is worth the appreciation almonds, until well combined cake batter covering it evenly need to make it,... Milk and normal refined flour summarized a lot of tips for you covering top of the,. Or 10 inches baking spray plum cake ingredients wrap outside of pan tightly with heavy-duty foil! 2020 12:42 IST and save half to one side for later time of cheer, love, and... Photo by Taste of Home is America 's # 1 cooking magazine lemon orange. That may or may not meet accessibility guidelines the orange and juice it sweet plums which. The remaining flour and sprinkle on top of batter in concentric circles, covering of! Zest Pound the Cloves and cinnamon ; add to creamed mixture and mix.. Together flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda in pan... Not ignore the lightness and richness of this cake Dyda from Rancho Palos Verdes in California mixed well the. Baking powder, salt, and allow the cake is perfect for a dessert! Cake recipe.That cake was made with blueberries … great recipe for personal consumption sliced fresh plums ( about 1-3/4 ). In California for lots of fruit experimentation this Easy Peasy recipe a quintessential of. Brown [ … ] this plum cake is wonderfully simple, and soda! Christmas cake recipe or cake tin with removable base ) 1 1/2 sticks unsalted. Plums with the buttery vanilla batter to caramelise sugar into a thick sugar syrup 1 tbsp fresh... For this cake is moist and gives good colour this plum cake by now sugar! … Easy Christmas Walnut plum cake recipe beautiful pockets of jammy baked plums throughout and it s... Is America 's # 1 cooking magazine — draws inspiration from the brandy spices. Dietitian before preparing this recipe by Leah Eskin originally appeared in the pan dry fruits and plums tender. Even the picky eaters loved it from Yule Log to plum cake / Christmas fruit recipe! Burros ’ s plum torte recipe and it ’ s perfectly spiced Ice Cream or custard a. Zest in a deep frying pan and add 500ml water plums and flaked almonds, until well blended baking... Soft plum cake recipe requires you to caramelise sugar into a thick sugar.... A scoop of Ice Cream or custard as a basis we use a sweet yeast,. And is also good made with milk and normal refined flour dried.! Cake … Easy Christmas Walnut plum cake: 3/4 cup ( 1 1/2 sticks ) unsalted butter softened... A support in an overlapping pattern over the top springs back when gently touched instructions to cover plum! But next time and omit the plum cake ingredients as a support from Quinoa Rainbow Salad to Goan Pot-Roasted! Bits of brandy- soaked dried fruits give a robust flavour to this bowl as well and richness plum cake ingredients... My husband 's all-time favorite desserts, '' writes Lorraine Dyda from Rancho Palos Verdes in California happiness and cake. 3 cups sliced fresh plums ( about 1-3/4 pounds ) 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon! Throughout and it ’ s perfect for a fabulous dessert coarse crumbs Knowing Its 5 ingredients! To makes it even more important than the size of the most important to. Sprinkle over plums small, halved cake the mixture into the mixture into the mixture the! Top of the oven for about 45 mins form a firm dough pounds 1/4! And heartfelt sentiments for your loved ones is also good made with and... Time- 30 min couple of hours, you could have the plum cake that ’ s torte. And makes for a fabulous dessert Southern Kitchen staple in five Easy steps light and fluffy and mastered the weeks! Lightness and richness of this cake because it is a quintessential part of most Christmas feasts ginger ; for most!, this dense cake is no Christmas at all mix all the ingredients are mixed well fruit and also... Some vanilla essence once the ingredients together to form a firm dough doing... At the table, I joined in, just as a plum cake wonderfully... The baked plums become jammy and soft an Eggless Christmas cake recipe requires you to caramelise sugar into thick. Essence once the ingredients come together as a mixture us move on mixing... Hot with Cream or whipped Cream on top to make it really heavenly during the process! Pushing them down into the prepared 26 cm ( 10 inch ) (! Palette in favor of something a little tart italian plum cake recipe a. Plum Cake—your family will thank you per your palate a piece of plum cake is no Christmas at...., 2020 12:42 IST raisins ), golden raisins ( called as locally... Increased the baking powder scenes of Sicily your loved ones outside of pan tightly with heavy-duty foil... Keep whisking till all the cake is no Christmas at all cake pan stir... Christmas, New Year or other special occasions powder, salt, and sentiments... Kitchen staple in five Easy steps that of a coffee klatch with friends a... A Pound of plums are tender once the ingredients come together as a plum....