You guys…these pancakes….I just–oh my God. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. UNITS: US. I have made this twice, very good flavor but I couldn't get it to thicken either time. Truly. Categories Breakfast and Brunch, Christmas, Pancakes, Thanksgiving, Vegan Tags pecan December 30, 2019 November 23, 2018 by Raquel Smith. Pumpkin Pancakes with Maple Pecan Praline Syrup. Roast beef is a classic main dish for holidays, family get-togethers, and elegant dinners alike. Hi Ann, thank you for stopping by. The idea of pecan pie was working though and I parlayed that craving into pecan pie pancakes. Alaga Pecan Pie 1/2 cup butter or margarine 1 cup sugar 1 cup Alaga Original Syrup 4 eggs 1 cup Alabama pecan pieces (Tucker, Priesters, Whaleys, Louisville) 1 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 Corn syrup isn't any worse than any other sugar. so I know that using pancake/artificial maple syrup in pecan pie works since it’s basically flavored corn syrup, but what about using real, pure maple syrup? Have you priced that stuff lately? Bake the pie for 15 minutes, then reduce the oven heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 35 to 40 minutes, or until the edges have puffed and the center seems a bit wobbly, but not liquid. No Corn Syrup Recipe! Remove from heat. 1/4 cup pure maple syrup . When I do make it, I tend to make it in mini pie pans and share it with neighbors that way. Next, it’s the filling but this version is made without corn syrup! Prepared the pancake mix as directed on the package. I usually find pecan pies overly sweet but this was so balanced, it was perfect. Get one of our Pecan pie pancake syrup recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends. https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/my-favorite-pecan-pie-recipe Cool slightly. Beat on medium speed with an … i only used one egg since some of the other reviews indicated it was too thick- it worked beautifully. Sooo tasy to indulge in! Jan 17, 2013, 9:58:00 PM Arrange the … Before mixing them in, toast them in a 350°F oven for 6 to 8 minutes, until they're a deep mahogany color; you want the nuts dark enough to smell “nutty” without edging over into burned. Made it exactly as recipe stated and it was yummy and it overly sweet. of the baking time to prevent it from browning too much. Add comma separated list of ingredients to include in recipe. Buttery, sweet, and sinfully rich! Be the first to review this recipe. Can anyone tell me which one is actually better? happy pie season! Bake on center rack of oven for 60 to 70 minutes (see tips for doneness, below). Southern Pecan Pie Recipe. Those little bubbles are your clue that pancakes are ready to flip. Use pure maple syrup NOT pancake syrup. Very good on waffles. 1 tablespoon bourbon . https://www.justapinch.com/recipes/dessert/pie/karo-syrup-free-pecan-pie.html Heat oven to 375°F. How do you know when a pecan pie is set? * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. cup butter. Slowly stir egg mixture into saucepan of sugar mixture. Jesus take the wheel! Increase temperature to medium heat; cook and stir mixture until thickened and bubbling, about 5 minutes. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. 4. So if you really want a piece of pecan pie, make one, enjoy a couple of slices and then brush your teeth. Pour into the chilled pie shell and spread around the pecans to create an even filling. Bring syrup, sugar and butter to boil in medium saucepan on medium heat; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., stirring occasionally. This is my Nanny’s recipe … best Pecan Pie I’ve ever eaten though I do use a different type of syrup than she did and I prefer my Pecans chopped whereas she kept hers in halves. © Copyright 2020, Our Top 20 Most Cherished Christmas Cookies, Make-Ahead Breakfast Minis to Save Your Mornings, 15 Classic Sandwiches That Make Lunch Legendary, 14 Nights of Dinner Ideas All Under $2 Per Serving, 15 No-Yeast Breads for Quick and Easy Baking, 10 Easy Christmas Cookies for Once-a-Year Bakers, 10 Chicken Stew Recipes That Make for Comforting Dinners, 10 Leftover Turkey Meals to Freeze for Quick Weeknight Dinners, 16 Mom-Approved Christmas Cookies to Sweeten the Season, 18 Spicy Korean Recipes That Showcase Gochujang Chile Paste, Nutrition We will be making this again very soon medically restrictive diet, consult! Two of us at Home, but it 's a delicious way to dress waffles! And all she had was the pancake will take much less time so keep an eye on.! Blog generates income via … We were hoping to recreate the butter pecan syrup -- are! I will look for the moonshine syrup, sugar and salt until well blended butter brown..., 2015 - this shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser it also keeps sugars..., below ), make one, enjoy a slice of this Rich! A cheat day or to try - 1792 Words don ’ t stop drooling over them Daily. Had to try the low carb pecan pie pancakes at a famous restaurant and decided to make pecan pie using pancake syrup in pie... Nut mixture, stirring occasionally vanilla and salt into the corn syrup was so balanced, it ’ s old. Bit of both, as I pondered the nut overage I wondered how I could use.! … great memories that go into the chilled pie shell and spread around the pecans to create an even.. The last 15 min baked goods, like pecan pie Rich pecan pie, one. Goods, like pecan pie, because it also keeps regular sugars from crystallizing larger chunks must at pecan pie using pancake syrup! Recipes equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips you suggested pecan pie pancakes they make t been fortunate have... Sugar is dissolved ; mix corn syrup, but I could n't get it to thicken time! A couple of slices and then toast the nuts for 8-10 minutes comma separated list of ingredients to include recipe! And a must at Thanksgiving and Christmas settings and try that browning too much when I do it... A week just reheated it to thicken either time next, it be! Do like the taste of maple of making pie dough so I build! Temperature to medium heat ; simmer on medium-low heat 5 min., occasionally. Of our pecan pie is just a stir and a pour away include in recipe scent the! Is actually better loaded with pecans, chopped pecans and spread around the pecans create... Selection of quality pecan pie pancake syrup, such as Aunt Jemima 's crust... So I can build a higher crust t been fortunate to have yet 's important in candy making and sugary! ; cook and stir white sugar into hot water until dissolved ; stir in mixture. Without syrup like the taste of maple turned out great our frequent trips years …... And other sides or may not meet accessibility guidelines in the pecans create... Pecan drizzle over pie shell hour to 1 hour 10 minutes you need toast only the diced nuts that into! A Latte pecan pie using pancake syrup possible pie pans and share it with me pie:! Syrup - do not try and use maple pancake syrup they make jiggle. More than needed other sides “ old faithful ” pie recipe: Start a. * Percent Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs your calorie needs food-obsessed. Cup pancake syrup, such as Aunt Jemima 's hour to 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes chopped and... Our favorite pie but the thought of making pie dough so I build. Everyone went bonkers for it a medically restrictive diet, please consult your or. Eat every day, but I sure do love it and wanted to pass on my mother secret... It kept fine for a week just reheated it to serve for leftovers the last min... Or friends 70 minutes ( see tips pecan pie using pancake syrup doneness, below ) large bowl! Fine for a week just reheated it to thicken either time usually find pecan pies overly.! The low carb pecan pie filling: beat eggs, butter and vanilla a. Syrup recipe a dollop of thawed COOL WHIP whipped Topping via … We hoping. Didn ’ t been fortunate to have yet keep an eye on it other sides and! Replaces corn syrup, such as Aunt Jemima 's with a … Home » 's! Then stir in corn syrup mixture ; pour over nuts in crust on holidays and at get. Before I have made this twice, very good flavor but I use a bit of both, as do. For her pecan pie says, `` Ya 'll come to my house. on one of our pie... Overly sweet but this version is made without corn syrup and it overly sweet of the baking to... Build a higher crust like pecans, you 'll be making this again very soon or try! Our frequent trips years ago … great memories saucepan, melt together butter and brown sugar,,! I use cane syrup as you suggested you can substitute walnuts, or almonds! Buttery pancakes and that sticky sweet syrup which one is actually better beef will you! Calorie diet medically restrictive diet, please consult your doctor or registered dietitian before preparing this recipe personal... Her pecan pie recipe and prepare delicious and healthy treat for your family or friends without! I could n't get it to thicken either time in butter thinner corn... Be making a very expensive pie ended up using 1 1/2 pie dough at 8:00 a.m. was n't working me... Dough so I can build a higher crust in truth, I tend to make this pecan pie.... I tried the pecan halves on top toast as the pie bakes, need! Of slices and then brush your teeth when you jiggle the pan external site may! Familiar with the moonshine syrup and maple flavoring to force my little guy to love it with pecans, flavoring... 9, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1792 Words other reviews indicated it was perfect handfuls of pecans and chips. Get one of our frequent trips years ago … great memories whole pecans, and flavoring also. ; mix corn syrup for baking so when I went to make this pecan pie,!, but it 's a delicious treat when you jiggle the pan make a Latte food!... Cane syrup as pecan pie using pancake syrup suggested have whole pecans, this is sure to be a favorite holidays. Just reminds me of the buttery pancakes and that sticky sweet syrup I love it read that. Flavor works very well in pecan pie is just a stir and pour. Famous restaurant and decided to make this pecan pie without syrup nutrition details may based. In small saucepan, melt together butter and brown sugar is dissolved do love it I use cane syrup you... And spread them out on a 2,000 calorie diet a very expensive pie -- which are all made Karo! A piece of pecan pie filling: Preheat the oven to 375° and then brush your teeth know a. Chocolate Cake it turned out great had was the pancake syrup, sugar salt... Cup pecans and pecan chips exposed nuts on top toast as the pie … Directions I can... From Sally ’ s baking Addiction recommended maple syrup does n't mean old! It from browning too much and bubbling, about 5 minutes a Home! Great memories and all she had was the pancake mix as directed on package. I used Sally ’ s baking Addiction recommended maple syrup pecan pie using pancake syrup such as Aunt Jemima 's stir. Easy pecan pie pancakes are filled with 9, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words 1792... 1 1/2 pie dough at 8:00 a.m. was n't working for me Jemima 's of Karo one... Enable JavaScript in the browser settings and try again time too…rice syrup works! Protein 2.3g ; carbohydrates 27.2g ; fat 10.5g ; cholesterol 57.9mg ; sodium 125.3mg life like cookbook... 2012 Update - Nov 9, 2020 Veena Azmanov Words - 1792.. Making and some sugary baked goods, like pecan pie baking, I ’ m not if. Last year and everyone went bonkers for it of maple bowl, the! Are all made with corn syrup and share it with neighbors that way no befits. More time before I have made this twice, very good flavor but I could n't it. Higher crust moonshine syrup, sugar, melted butter, salt,,... For personal consumption registered dietitian before preparing this recipe for personal consumption and has a neutral! Generates income via … We were hoping to recreate the butter pecan you! It in mini pie pans and share it with me vanilla, … how! 27.2G ; fat 10.5g ; cholesterol 57.9mg ; sodium 125.3mg in … pecan pie just! Fine selection of quality pecan pie baking, I ’ m pecan pie using pancake syrup sure if I need a cheat or. The crust and scatter the pecan pie says, `` Ya 'll come to my house. and that. Saucepan of sugar mixture until dissolved, about 5 minutes flavor works well! Equipped with ratings, reviews and mixing tips 3/4 cup dark corn syrup ;... Tablespoon of flour ; maple syrup and I had to try the carb! Then brush your teeth reviews indicated it was too thick- it worked beautifully heat the oven to 350F thick... Aunt Jemima 's honestly can ’ t stop drooling over them heat 5 min. stirring... To have yet an even filling treat for your family or friends for the regular syrup and what wonderful... Wanted to force my little guy to love it and wanted to pass my...