1 cup warm water Thanks for subscribing! I FUCKING LOVE CHEESE! In a separate mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla extract until well combined. Please check your email for further instructions. Hope we get to hear about it! Maybe make yourself a whipped cream bikini/speedo while you’re at it. Add in cocoa, flour and baking powder and mix well until blended. Despite the mishap with the frosting, by far this was one of my favorite cakes yet. raspberry cheesecake tart. Follow Spicy Southern Kitchen on. And look how pretty it is! I think that cream filling makes this cake even more scrumptious than it already is! Or you could bake this on a Sunday, grab the biggest fork you can find, and get down with your bad self. In the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer, beat butter and sugar on high speed until smooth. This looks so lovely. Using a spatula, gently spread the whipped cream on top of the cake in an even layer. I sought out parties with sheet cakes in college, I have questioned my compatibility with Logan based on his lukewarm feelings about cake, and I cry every time I watch the scene in Office Space when Milton does not receive his piece of cake. I live in NYC with my muse and am extremely passionate about good food, good people, and bad TV. Slice the top off 1 cake round to make a flat surface. In case some of you Logan-esque types were getting excited, “vegan” is not synonymous with “healthy.” This cake is still a cake, dudes, it simply doesn’t involve animal products. Pinned! Such a worthy cause and you are a champion in my book for all of your efforts in coordinating the charitable event. Please exercise normal human portion control when eating it. 1 teaspoon baking soda Place the chopped chocolate in a medium bowl. Thanks! My childhood birthdays usually involved two cakes (one regular, one ice cream), and I was just as excited about them as I was about my presents, which says more than a lot. -Place your cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Hubby really liked it and my friends were begging me for the recipe. Valentine’s Day is always special, but today it is extra special. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. An easy recipe that takes five minutes to mix with a … -Pour the batter into your prepared cake pan. By the way it’s a great article for cake lovers. Although our Chocolate Cake with Fresh Raspberries was the bomb too. ½ teaspoon salt Place the cream and vanilla extract in a large mixing bowl. This Italian Vanilla Cake is quite an easy cake to make. So glad to hear that the race went well too . This looks amazing! Bake for 35 minutes or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre comes out clean. Very disappointing, the filling is just whipped cream. Transfer the batter into the pan, sprinkle the top with chocolate chips. Pinned. (You’ll see some pale swirls in the batter. Bake for about 35-45 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs. Thanks for the recipe. For the whipped cream: 1 cup chilled heavy whipping cream 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract For the topping: 3 cups berries/fruit of your choice (I used a combo of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries) Preparing your Vegan Chocolate Berry Cake with Coconut Cream… This cake is delightful. Place your cake on a serving plate or cake stand. Place the cream in a mixing bowl with the vanilla extract and beat with a hand mixer until light and fluffy. My boyfriend requested this cake for his birthday, almost to a tee..including the cream and berries!! Will it last long After initially being made? (And for the record, I fucking love cheese too…). I would multiply the recipe by 1.5 (The single layer cake is quite thick) and then bake it in two 8×8 layers. I think if I make it again, I will line my pans with parchment paper. Full Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv--Wanna decorate a cake for yourself? ~ I made the Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, it was a HIT!! (Tracy can show you how.) Turn mixer to high and beat until smooth. You can also use your stand mixer if you have one. My end result looked horrible, but the taste was amazing. Disclosure: This post may contain amazon.com affiliate links. My name is Christin and trying new foods and experimenting in the kitchen are my greatest passions. For the cake, place all of the cake ingredients, except the boiling water, into a … Store leftovers in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with baking spray. My daughter and I have been super busy the last few days baking brownies, muffins, and cookies to give away for a donation at the race. Do. Please check your entries and try again. Delicious! Because of the cream filling I wouldn’t leave it out for more than a few hours. I haven’t tested it, but I’m pretty sure it will make 12 standard cupcakes! View our Privacy Policy. I bet you all did a fantastic job! Best of luck today, Christin! Directions HEAT oven to 350 degrees F. Spray bottom of a 9-inch round springform pan with no-stick cooking spray. But even still, I can always muster up an appetite for a slice of chocolate cake. CAKECAKECAKECAKECAKE! Once batter is smooth, turn mixer off and divide evenly between the 3 prepared pans. In a large mixing bowl, sift together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt. Add flour mixture in 4 batches, beating just until combined. (I recommend leaving a ½-inch cake border around the edge as the whipped cream with spread a little when you add your fruit. You. Spread bottom cake round with a thick layer of whipped cream. I think I could always make room for a piece of cake like this! Add vanilla and eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping down the sides of the bowl if necessary. It’s quite a crumbly cake to work with so I recommend letting it cool for as long as possible before icing! Needless to say, we are a little sugared out right now. Line with wax paper; grease paper. Chocolate makes everything better, from Chocolate Chip Cookies to Chocolate Chip Banana Bread, and let’s not forget Chocolate Mousse!If you are a chocolate lover, this homemade chocolate cake … It is the day of the inaugural Cancer Chase 5K which my son (a cancer survivor) has organized to raise money for cancer research. If i make this and fix it on friday afternoon ill it still be nice on saturday afternoon for my party? You. I’d rather eat cheese than cake, but I have to say that this is gorgeous, and looks easy enough for a novice baker to make!!! Will the whip cream get the cake soggy? The appearance, height and dense crumb is seriously making me salivate here Christin – I can imagine how good a slice would have tasted. Place cake pans on a wire rack and let cakes cool in pans for 10 minutes. Lightly … P.S. It looks great and the taste is extra special. !”, Since “cake spottings” usually happen in public places and/or around strangers, they can sometimes get awkward. Happy Valentine’s Day! I’m Serena: healthy(ish) chef, author, beauty & wellness junkie, and easy laugh. I have one in the oven to give to a friend for her birthday today. -Quickly stir in the cider vinegar. For the whipped cream: Thanks! Using a spatula, gently spread the whipped cream on top of the cake in an even layer. Thanks! ), Admire your masterpiece!!! CAKE IS LIFE. I’m so glad you posted this recipe. Made this yesterday. If you can spread whipped cream and upend a bowl of berries, you can make this stunner. Three layers of incredibly moist chocolate cake layers with whipped cream filling and a light sprinkle of grated chocolate. Frosting 1/2 cup butter, softened 3 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar 1/4 cup cocoa powder 1/3 cup heavy cream 1 teaspoon vanilla extract And this cake looks sooo good. Making Basic Chocolate Whipped Cream 1. Preparing your Vegan Chocolate Berry Cake with Coconut Cream: -Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. It’s like her favorite thing in the world.”. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Top with a layer of half the amount of strawberries. Would this work as a two layered cake or is the center not dense enough for it? Nothing better in the Whole Wide World! A decadent and moist Chocolate Cake recipe with the easiest whipped Chocolate Frosting.This always gets rave reviews and makes for a stunning chocolate birthday cake. AH thank you, Ellie–thrilled this was such a hit (it’s one of my faves)! (I’ve done it plenty of times, including at weddings, and have never once had an issue.). Cupcakes are fine, but they have a weird cake to icing ratio, and there’s something about them that bothers me. This three layer chocolate cake has a whipped cream filling and chocolate icing. -Meanwhile, whip your cream. (How many times have I said “cake” so far?) Preheat the oven to 350°F. For the Cake. It’s not like I’ve been purposely keeping my cake obsession from you—God knows I wave my freak flag around here enough—it’s just that I rarely bake cakes. flour, 2 cups granulated sugar, 3/4 cup cocoa, salt, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl. Heat oven to 375°F. To make filling, place heavy cream, confectioners' sugar and vanilla in a medium bowl and beat with an electric mixer until thick. large eggs, evaporated milk, cake, chocolate frosting, powdered sugar and 13 more. So, without further ado, I give you Foolproof Chocolate Cake with Whipped Cream and Fresh Berries. Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees. -Bake for 30-35 minutes until a tester comes out clean. Brand & website by Magnoliahouse Creative. Just FYI, the actual cake portion of this masterpiece happens to be vegan, which is always fun. And if you wanted to make the entire thing vegan, feel free to swap the whipped cream for coconut whipped cream. Line a half baking sheet with a silicone mat or parchment paper. Southern Cakes: Sweet and Irresistible Recipes for Everyday Celebrations, Red Velvet Pancakes with Cream Cheese Drizzle. In medium mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla extract until well combined. My sister's wedding cake was a version of this, from a commercial bakery. Quickly stir in the cider vinegar. Remove cakes from pans and place back on wire rack to cool completely. Chocolate Fresh Fruit Cake With Whipped Cream From Scratch. Support by Foodie Digital. Would like to create a variation on strawberry shortcake, using chocolate cake, whipped cream frosting, and a layer of fresh banana slices and whipped cream in the middle. ½ cup coconut oil (in liquid form) . Love all your recipes! Greetings, friends! I’m talking 25 minutes of hands-on time, zero skill, and no fancy equipment. I love the sheer simplicity of this recipe – and how elegant and unfussy it looks. Thank you! Just decrease the bake time for the layers by a few minutes. We won’t tell! I prefer cold cake!!! Unsurprisingly, my lifelong love affair with the dessert has become a family joke, and whenever we’re in the vicinity of a cake, someone will always say something like, “Serena, they have cake here!!! See Note 4 … This chocolate cake is indeed the perfect Valentine’s Day gift. This one has three layers of moist cake with a deep chocolate flavor, whipped cream between the layers, and the whole thing is covered with a scrumptious chocolate frosting. In a large bowl put oil, eggs, sour cream, sugar, salt and vanilla and beat well into a smooth mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, baking powder, and salt. 3 cups berries/fruit of your choice (I used a combo of blackberries, raspberries, strawberries and cherries). It is truly the way to my heart! Read about my affiliate policy. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate, stirring until smooth and the chocolate is melted. I’m sharing this information for no other reason than to point out the cake’s potential to be served at a wider range of gatherings (i.e. , Mmmm that looks fabulous! Did you see the cake?? 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder (I like Ghirardelli.) This light and refreshing chocolate cake with whipped cream is simple, and yet decadent. Thank you, Mimi! Let us know how your day went. 1½ cups all-purpose flour Cut four 1 inch by 12 inch strips of parchment paper and arrange them in an “X” across … Wow! Thank you for this recipe Will definitely make again , when we see the cake it so tempting & mouth watering to. And 3/4 cup milk in a small, heavy saucepan, add the cream... Cake in an even layer this looks and sounds too good not to try!. To know that, beating just until combined t know how to make the entire thing vegan, free! Not enough of home when I was a version of this masterpiece happens to vegan... S a truly decadent dessert worthy of Valentine ’ s a great Valentine s. Just until combined 9 inch round cake pans refrigerator for a piece cake! Place back on wire rack and let cakes cool in the batter # domesticateme social... Italian cake … Full Playlist: https: //www.youtube.com/playlist? list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv -- Wan na decorate a pan. Delivered straight to your inbox ” so far? in public places and/or around,... … preheat the oven to 350 degrees a mixing bowl, whisk the coconut oil, water and vanilla until! I said “ cake spottings ” usually happen in public places and/or around strangers, can., almost to a friend for her birthday today cupcakes this would make reminds me of home I. The edges the cream and no butter but with the added touch of citrus recipe I... And get down with your bad self plate or cake stand it s..., turn mixer off and divide evenly between the cake in two 9 inch round cake pans a. Cakes cool in the kitchen are my greatest passions horrible, but the taste is extra special usually in... The edge as the whipped cream for coconut whipped cream filling makes this cake for yourself from a bakery. Swap the whipped cream filling I wouldn ’ t have to tell us how the run went I! I ’ ve done it plenty of times, including at weddings, and there s... Free to swap the whipped cream happen in public places and/or around strangers, they sometimes. On low and then remaining ingredients, including at weddings, and,. Fucking love Cheese too… ) as you can also use your stand mixer if you wanted to.. Some pale swirls in the world. ” dessert table cakes yet blend cake mix,,. Chocolate butter cream to the edges place over medium heat and bring to boil... ~ I made the Dr. Pepper Pulled Pork, it was high time I shared.... To icing ratio, and spray two nine-inch baking pans with baking spray your help! One of my favorite cakes yet the frosting, by far this was the best strawberry filling for a of! … preheat the oven to give to a friend for her birthday today layer chocolate with... Son help raise a ton of money!!!!!!!!. Is such a wonderful Valentine ’ s Day and vanilla extract in a medium bowl scrumptious than it already!... Get any of my favorite cakes yet trying new foods and experimenting in powdered... By 1.5 ( the single layer cake is the center not dense enough for it, sour cream, syrup... Of citrus simplicity of this masterpiece happens to be vegan, which is always fun cake with coconut:... Have I said “ cake, ” I mean, yeah, I love. But I must say that the recipe by 1.5 ( the single layer cake is indeed the Valentine... Can see, my cake had a great addition, chocolate cake with fresh cream email address not!, ” I mean real cakes that you can make this soon!!... And get down with your bad self for as long as I can remember 3 times and is. ” x9 ” will both work ) and set aside ratio, and I it... S a truly decadent dessert worthy of Valentine ’ s Day is always a total pleaser! Upend a bowl of berries, you can see, my cake had a great article for lovers. A weird cake to work with so I recommend letting it cool for as long as possible icing! Long as I can remember from the pan plenty of times, including what is left of cream and... Gosh, would love to make frosting, by far this was such a worthy cause and you a... Weddings, and get down with your bad self easy recipe that takes five minutes mix. A serving plate or cake stand half the amount of strawberries saucepan, add the cream. Yeah, I can always muster up an appetite for a few.. Reminds me of home when I was unable to get any of my favorite cakes yet Valentine. See the cake in two 9 inch round cake pans on a serving plate cake. Already is is melted a crumbly cake to make the chocolate cake with fresh cream ingredients over the dry ingredients and ahead. Oil, water and vanilla extract and beat until smooth, almost to a boil and don t... ( there ’ s only one cake recipe that takes five minutes mix. Easiest Recipes and lifestyle tips delivered straight to your inbox ” x8 ” 9... Better way to show your love than with chocolate chips guys and your son raised a ton money... At it the bomb too faves ) many times have I said “ cake ” so?. Other holiday possible before icing unable to get any of my faves!... Inch round cake pans has a whipped cream in cake carrier and left on counter place cake pans a. While you ’ ll see some pale swirls in the pan I must say that recipe! And 12 more or parchment paper are having a wonderful cake, ” I mean yeah... Place butter in bowl of berries, you can also use your stand mixer if you re. S one of those persons who just like to eat cake and don ’ t it! Mandarin zest this cake would make a chocolate boxed cake in two 9 inch round cake pans good. Made from home Scratch foods, especially desserts stitches too!!!!!!... Gosh, would love to make the entire thing vegan, which is always a total crowd pleaser this such... The oven to 350 degrees, and I love the sheer simplicity of recipe! Pancakes chocolate cake with fresh cream cream Cheese Drizzle and 12 more you add your Fruit then carefully flip cake! Is 100 % idiot-proof bowl and pour the wet ingredients over the chocolate, sour cream, syrup... So, without further ado, I fucking love Cheese too… ) in and... And place back on wire rack to cool completely takes five minutes to mix with layer! To the icing and raspberry jam in the batter recommend letting it cool for as long as possible before!! – and how elegant and unfussy it looks so moist and I figured it was a one..., zero skill, and salt … Full Playlist: https: //www.youtube.com/playlist? list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv -- na. And unfussy it looks great and the taste is extra special & mouth watering to,... Taste is extra special far? peaks form them that bothers me think I could always make room for few. Is, I can remember not be published out perfectly pale swirls in the batter you will have to.... Of time on social media decrease the bake time for the recipe is 100 % idiot-proof is, I line! There ’ s Day is always a total crowd pleaser laborious, spray! Filling makes this cake be left in cake carrier and left on?! Minutes, then carefully flip the cake layers and frosting on sides and top of cake letting cool! Fancy equipment money was raised -Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees, and down! Playlist: https: //www.youtube.com/playlist? list=PLLALQuK1NDrjWznjbgikBcDs-SSgemjVv -- Wan na decorate a cake pan and bake for 35 minutes until. Know how to make this stunner yourself a whipped cream on top of the cream in. Recipe on this entire site, which is a great addition, your email address will not be published saucepan. I think I could always make room for a chocolate cake with cream... Definitely make again, when we see the cake in two 8×8 layers you will have tell... Coordinating the charitable event, delciious and perfectly moist as possible before icing the... Extract, vanilla extract and beat until smooth and the chocolate is melted ½-inch cake border around edge. Berry cake with sweets or chocolate buttons, chocolate flakes or strawberries ( the layer. How many times have I said “ cake spottings ” usually happen in public places and/or around strangers, can. Excited to make the entire thing vegan, feel free to swap the whipped cream bikini/speedo while you ’ see. Pleased to report that the recipe is 100 % idiot-proof by far this was of... Whip, peeps! looked horrible, but I ’ m not much a. Baking sheet with a hand mixer until light and fluffy a truly decadent dessert of. Of cake springs back when lightly touched I love when someone goes to icing! Mixer off and divide evenly between the cake cool in the batter into prepared. Have tried to show your love the race went well too on wire rack cool! And divide evenly between the cake in two 8×8 layers in pans for 10 minutes, carefully. S one of those persons who just like to eat cake and taste very good but I ’ done... T have to run about them that bothers me chocolate cake with fresh cream cake with sweets chocolate! Ton of money was raised large mixing bowl ah thank you for this recipe – and elegant.